Am enjoying the journey!

This time around there are all sort of things I see, learn and notice from Outreachy


To begin, The project is progressing and I have submitted some few patches under it😎. Till now the most difficult is not coding but understanding and knowing what I am required to do. It took me some good time to come up with a conclusion on what exactly I had to do. Also, I can say my PHP skills are greatly improving as I keep working.
My first task was to put the MassMessage extension in a namespace MediaWiki\MassMessage. I bet you when I sat on my pc the day I started the task, I didn't know one bit what it means😂😂. I had all sort of ideas in my mind from the few research I made. I was so confused that I had to contact my mentors. Funny enough I really did not still have it clear but while doing, I had it clearer till the first patch I submitted.

What actually are those things that shocked me in the journey?

  • The speed at Which I learn. It is very high.
  • I heard of a new program GCI(Google Code In) currently going on and Wikimedia selected, were I see little children contributing code to OpenSource and and making some funny noise on IRC.😂😂😂 
  • The fact that even on Christmas Wikimedians code, that shows passion in what they do 😘😘. I completely forgot we all have different time zones.
I don't just learn how to code and complete a project in my Outreachy journey. I learn how to contribute to Opensource, I learn how to behave in a Community, I learn and see how Developers from different backgrounds see things and interpret them. I am really enjoying!!

P.S: Finally done with the first task. Time to take the next. I hope to have some new taste and flavour from it.😀

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Already in the middle of the journey.

Four weeks left

Next Move!!