Coding has begun :))

Hmmm!! long waited for this time, where i will get my hands dirty 😎😎

Coding has finally started and the first thing is to setup a MediaWiki instance on Cloud VPS, which I shall use with my mentors to test changes before deployment. Believe me, it was a sweet experience but difficult. Just at the beginning, I had multiple challenges😓😓 but luckily, I have very responding mentors (@Legoktm, @D3r1ck) always available for help. This is a narration of what happened.

I had never worked with cloud services before so I was relying greatly on documentations and following of steps. I created a new instance massmessage-test-wiki on the massmessage project on WikiMedia Cloud VPS. That was pretty simple. The next thing was to connect to the instance and setup MediaWiki on it. I had struggle for hours without succeeding, made research with no good output. In fact, I could not even connect to the instance😢😢. After some long struggle I thought the problem might be my operating system as I had no other idea. I formated my PC and installed Ubuntu 16.04 hopping all is well, I configured ssh on the machine and tried to login again but same error. I almost got mad at that point😠😠.  I contacted my mentors explaining to them what has being going on. After a chat with both mentors we figured out what was the problem and within a minute I was able to connect to the instance and MediaWiki is up and running on massmessage-test-wiki instance😎😎.

Actually, the solution was out of my reach. I needed a shell privileges which I could not grant myself. CHAI!!!! I wish I had contacted my mentors before formating😥😥. It would have saved me the stress of backing up and setting up my whole PC.

At least It was a great challenge and I learnt alot. Looking forward to greater challenges (hopefully without formating) and to greater things to learn😋😋😋.  

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Already in the middle of the journey.

Four weeks left

Next Move!!